myBiz Mobile Business Application
The myBiz Mobile Business Application is a comprehensive business suite comprising of powerful tools to organize and manage the data of Expenses, Quotations and Inventory. With a wide variety of features, ease of use, and comprehensive reporting, you will have the rich experience of a full fledged application normally used in larger systems.
This manual is organized into sections where each section represents a module of the main Dashboard. The features, options, functions and usage are described in multiple pages under each section. Before getting into the modules, let’s briefly see what are the steps to be taken to get the application started.
Getting Started : The myBiz Mobile Business Application is ready to use as soon as it is installed. A default project called “Untitled Project” is created and made active during installation and default values are assigned for the Project parameters. However, by following some simple steps and implementing some custom settings, you can organize and manage your data more efficiently.
- Launch : Start the myBiz application by selecting the myBiz shortcut Icon. The application opens up the dashboard with the icons for different modules and displays the data summary of the active Project.
- Migrating data from Trial version to Standard version : Skip this step if you do not have the myBiz Trial Edition installed on your device. When using the myBiz Standard Edition, on starting the application you will be prompted with a message whether you want to restore the data from the myBiz Trial Edition. If you do have important data in the Trial Edition, which you wish to bring into the Standard Edition, tap the option ‘Yes’ and confirm by tapping the subsequent option ‘Restore’. This will migrate all of your data from the myBiz Trial Edition to the Standard Edition. If you are not interested in getting the Trial data in, check the option ‘Don’t show this message again’ and tap the ‘Cancel’ button. When you perform a Restore, if any data already exists in the myBiz Standard edition, all of the existing data will be replaced by the Trial edition data. A backup of the Standard edition data will be saved in your SD Card location ‘/mybiz/backup/’ with the file name as Backup_Safety.ddmmyy. So, if anything goes wrong, you can import this backup data anytime and regain the previous status using the option ‘Full Restore’ found in the ‘Database Options’.
- Project Setup : Click the Projects icon in the dashboard. This will display the Projects window. You will find the default project ‘Untitled Project’ listed here. You may create a new project and make it as the active one or edit the “Untitled Project” and use it right away. To perform an edit, click on the ‘Edit’ button (Button with a picture of a pencil) and change the title and other information as required. To create a new Project click on the ‘+’ button and fill in the details. Although the Project title is the only mandatory input field, it is better to fill in the description as well as the other fields for the project. Press the ‘save’ button to record the changes made.
- If you have created a new project, you can make it active by selecting the project from the Project list, clicking the menu option (device menu key in pre-ICS devices) and selecting the option “Set active project”.
- Setting Preferences : From the Dashboard, click the Settings button/icon and then click on the Preferences button/icon. You can set the global project preferences like date format, Currency, etc. here.
- Expense : Setup the categories for expense before using the Expenses tool. To do this, first click on the Expenses icon in the dashboard. This will display an Expense List (initially empty). Now press the overflow menu (or menu key) and choose the option “Categories”. Click the “New” button to create new Expense categories.
- Inventory : To Setup Product categories and Transaction Types. from the Inventory Tools screen click on the Categories button/icon and add the Product categories. During installation, 5 transaction types are created by default which can be modified or deleted as required. These are Sales, Purchase, Transfer-in, Transfer-out and Adjustments. To add other types of transactions, select Transaction Types icon in the Inventory Tool screen. Now click ‘New’ to add the Transaction Type and specify the Inventory mode (In or Out). Click ‘Save’.
- Setting up the product list can be useful at this stage. Click the ‘Products’ button/icon in the “Inventory Tools” screen to display the product list (initially empty). Press the ‘+’ button to add a product. You can also import products from a CSV file containing the products data in a pre-defined format. (Refer the Inventory module for more details).
- Sales : Before you start using an Invoice or Quotation, you may want to setup your customer database. To do this, tap on the ‘Sales’ icon in the dashboard, then tap the option ‘Customers’. In the customer list screen, tap the ‘+’ button to add a new customer. Fill in the Customer details and click ‘Save’.
Read the respective sections of the manual to get more information on each module associated with the myBiz application. If you are facing issues or need support to getting some functionality working on your device, contact us here. You are now good to go and explore all the awesome features of the myBiz application, to make your business mobile, fast and fun! If you find this application useful, don’t forget to leave us a good rating on the play store .